Your air conditioning system will be working overtime in the UK heatwave this summer – follow the BMS Aircon tips to ensure your heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC) is working at its best:
1. Don’t let your HVAC work more than is necessary. And don’t let your office get too hot before turning it on. It’s key to regulate your temperature so as not to stress your unit. Keep doors and windows closed when your AC is turned on, and keep shades and curtains drawn on very hot days. Avoid having direct sunlight streaming in through doors and windows. As much as possible, don’t operate other heat-generating appliances in the daytime when your AC is going to be working.
2. Replace your air filters on a regular basis. Do this at least once every 3 months. Experts estimate that you can reduce your energy cost by as much as 10% by keeping up on this task. And the cleaner air will benefit your staff’s health as well. Air conditioning energy assessments are often undervalued!
3. Keep your thermostat constant. Changing your thermostat’s setting constantly can result in inefficiency. If you wish you can increase the temperature by a few degrees in the day time while you are away. When in cooling mode, switch on your AC fan to prevent hot or cold pockets from forming. This can also help prevent your condenser from icing up.
4. Keep your outside unit free of dust and dirt. Clear plants and other items from around its perimeter for at least 12-18 inches. Ensure also that indoor vents remain unobstructed to keep air circulation going for industrial air conditioning, this is so important.
5. Schedule regular tune-ups Have a reliable HVAC technician perform maintenance checks on your unit, preferably before the beginning of summer.
For more information and support for your air conditioning, please call BMS Aircon on 01455 552 209 or have a look at our air conditioning website.